The children are away for a week and while the cats are away the mouse will play!!
I am dedicating these next evenings to my work - I really only have 5 weeks now to get my work to a place I am content with before final assessment..........
.......And I got distracted! I was browsing through my friends blogs -so much talent out there! I am always drawn by collages - it must be something to do with the chaos thing...anyway I saw the work of Jose Parla - http://www.joseparla.com/ - his work is inspired by grafitti but built up of layers and incorporates the chaotic line that is similar to my work....so I got distracted and thought I could build up layers in the corners and THEN place my threads in front
This was my attempt - acryllic, pigment, paper, wax and wire and threads. So much fun! Yum!
Then I put the threads in front of it
Maybe there is some mileage in it but I hear this little voice reminding me I am supposed to be drawing attention to SPACE - that was the point of the intricacies of the wire and the thread and the drawing.....maybe save this for later? Or think on a bit more.....
I get too distracted. The thing with this process is you don't stop having ideas and I guess one of the skills is to know which ones to listen to and which ones to park until later!
At the same time I am still considering the space in which to display my work - I will try and get some photos - I am concerned that the space I initially thought was suitable is too small and unnoticed - whilst that is the point of my work I don't want to do myself an injustice - I want it to be seen and considered not walked past.....mmm.
Have done some more straight thread work - considering the attachments at the moment. Tacks are the best as they hold the thread in place - have tried panel pins - good colour but not a big enough head - the thread slips off, transparent drawing pins are too obtrusive, tacks are black. Tonight I painted the tacks white - not bad but still interfering. Especially as the line is relatively short -I think if the line was quite a distance the attachment wouldn't interfere - maybe that will be the answer. I have ordered white drawing pins and white map pins - see what they are like. I also tried other threads - the thread really does have to have meaning though. I tried my sari threads but they are too think -the rayon is the best ideally thick cotton as my great grandfather was a cotton trader!
Other than this tonight I made a yellow split pea dahl recipe - low fat, healthy and can be eaten with pitta - this was my stove top tonight! No time to eat - hungry now! ; ))
Just had a stupid idea but you never know...
ReplyDeleteHow about forming a false corner and sewing the threads to it. I'm an incorrigible problem solver - sorry! :-)
You'll get there - keep going! Lovely to chat to you last night! x
ReplyDeleteDahl is yummy!!
ReplyDelete