I adore the theatre and I am a painter. I think the two are made for a marriage of love. I will give allmy soul to prove this once more.(Marc Chagall)
The last time I wrote was October last year! No matter. It's interesting to look back over such great time expansions.
Now.
A weekend or so ago I went to visit my friend's MA show. She was completing her Masters in Contemporary Art Practice at Plymouth University (artists - Rosie Kearton, Laura Rosser, Tina Adair and Connor McIntyre - look them up)
I have to say that it was the most encouraging and inspiring art exhibition I have been to in a long time.
The four artists, all using very different media and subjects, responded individually, thoughtfully and professionally in their chosen subject. And the subjects ranged from domestic violence to the experience of walking. I felt something observing each piece. The whole weekend was a chance to be immersed in art once again - my friend even gave me a crit on my own work! And I came away feeling inspired to work again and, more importantly, to bring together my art practice and my psychotherapy theories. I felt that there could be a congruence in what I was doing and in doing so my therapeutic practice would be enriched.
Cool weekend eh?!
So, working on the idea of 'mending' I made a start.
My themes in my therapy practice are those of relational theory and focusing on the felt sense in the body. My art practice has changed in 12 months from the precision drawing to use of full movements, using hands and body parts to create abstracts. So I start to experiment with these abstracts and mending.
Painting on fabric, noticing lines on the paper behind and the feel of the paint in my hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment