But things are so complicated and tangled together - I can't seem to seperate them out, I don't know how to untangle things - Haruki Murukami

Saturday, 20 November 2010

Back On Line

It has been a while.
I took some time off over the summer.
Back now. Final Year. Dissertation. Final Piece. And out into the world.
This year is busy! Much to do. College seems incidental to what else is going on and yet I am still learning - I will alwalys learn, I am in awe of how much life has to teach me.

So - dissertation - my dissertation is about space, how it used in art and how it affects our emotions. I am looking specifically at the psychogeography and supermodern movements. I love it! And I want to write which I guess is half the battle won - the other half is finding the time in amongst children, job, house, life, practice....

Practice - I am constructing forms from 'knitted' wire. I use the word knitted loosely as its not a unifirm knit but I am using needles to construct the forms. Like my stitched piece last year it is constructed and the form emerges as opposed to being thought up and built.

At the same time I am trying to develop my professional practice. I am now working as a project coordinator setting up arts activities for disabled people - very challenging but I am learning much. I am trying to set myself up an after school art club for experience too and am trying to figure out what to do about my Art Therapy MA. In life I am moving house! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment