But things are so complicated and tangled together - I can't seem to seperate them out, I don't know how to untangle things - Haruki Murukami

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

thankful for.....

I've been taking some time out, time to think, to re-discover and be thankful, thankful for my wonderful children, good friends and my lovely house and garden - it's all but finished now. The back half of the house is open and airy and light and brings my beautiful garden into the house.


I have also finally managed to carve an art space for myself - in the corner of the conservatory. Its interesting that the conservatory was the room I liked the least when we moved in and now it has become my favourite place!


And so - I mentioned before 'The Great Stitched Postcard Swap' -  I did some art!! Phew!! It got me going anyway. I enjoyed it and now have some ideas as to things I'd like to do next. The artwork had to be postcard sized and involve stitching on the theme 'Bloom' .....

 

My card has been sent to a woman in Italy, I haven't recieved the card being sent to me yet! Its not my typical style but it has lifted me from my creative atrophy.

I am currently working on something to do with foam which is much more my own but we'll see....

In the meantime I am practising being thankful. Things have been very stressful recently - its not all over but I can see more clearly now. I am trying to slow down and notice the wonder in my life - things I have missed for being preoccupied with the other....in particular food - delight in the way it looks and how it tastes! I have decided to treat myself to a fabulous bottle of wine - expensive and to savour its every taste......










I'm also very thankful for the wonderful garden I have acquired. Whoever planted it up did so with love and kind attention - something has flowered every month since we moved in. I am blessed for this! I can't think how to improve it......apart from creating fruit and vegetable beds. This weekend I cleared behind the shed in preparation for the possibility of chickens....I'm thinking about it, still undecided but it does seem like a good space for them!  Really I would love to take some time for myself...time to create, to think, to be but life doesn't seem to be like that - always one challenge or another presenting itself.....but is it not me attracting those challenges? There's one to consider......if I want space and time have I not already got them in plenty?




And finally.....thankful for my lovely daughter for making me take time out!



1 comment:

  1. Love that pic of you and G!!! Lovely studio space you have created Jane - it's sounding like an ideal life with you enjoying all the miraculous small moments - that bottle of Vouvray took me back 25 years when I used to treat my self to a bottle every now and then - perhaps I'll revisit that one - Sancerre was another!! hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete