But things are so complicated and tangled together - I can't seem to seperate them out, I don't know how to untangle things - Haruki Murukami

Monday, 9 July 2012

Trees

Its been quite a while.
Things got overwhelming. I don't need to go into it. Art stopped.
Slowly it's coming back.
The trees in my garden helped



At the bottom of my garden is a graveyard.
In the graveyard are two beautiful trees.
I watch the seasons pass, the life within, and they comfort me.

So I drew the trees. And I sewed the trees



And the bark began to fascinate me, knarly, skin, protection, mask


So I drew the bark




And I drew some more



This guy joined my family



And today the tree looks like this



Time passes.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Jane x keep drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding the tart recipe: you're most welcome. Mini spinach pies and mung bean chilli coming as soon as I have time to write, and download the shots for, another post.

    I've had a very quick nose through your blog and love your work, Jane: knitting with wire = wow!

    ReplyDelete