I am overcome with lethargy
well as much as I am allowed with two children and a dog!
My days are spent walking the dog, reading, occasional trips.
Some exhibitions I've seen
Sarah Lucas - Ordinary Things
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2012/jul/18/sarah-lucas-ordinary-things-in-pictures#/?picture=393257789&index=9
Joan Miro
http://www.ysp.co.uk/ysp-media/press-releases/joan-mir%C3%B3-first-uk-exhibition-of-sculpture
interesting concept of using ordinary things put together to make formal sculpture. I'm glad I've seen them but they didn't blow me away. Anish Kapoor is also at YSP so need to go back.
As for me
Trees - I became interested in the light through the trees
So, I had a go. I'm still wondering about the greens....
On a non-tree subject, some time ago I submitted a proposal for an Artists Book Exhibition on the subject of 'Bound'.
I was accepted and this week submitted my work.
It's based on my investigations into line and thread - the Ta'o are a tribe of people who communicated through knots in thread, telling their own stories. I thought to bind a book in such a thread - a story within a story - would be interesting......
So, the children leave for two weeks soon and I will do some more drawing


Hi Jane - I lived with the Sarah Lucas tights for 3 months at BAS7 and really grew quite fond of them - would like to have seen this exhibition - I like her humour! Hoping to see the Miro when up in Leeds in Oct - if all goes according to plans that might just fall apart in the next week ( more on that later) I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the light and green studies - you must push on with this work! I love the bound book and the connections with knots and storytelling - this is a strong piece - I am now kicking myself that I didn't get my act together and submit something - when is the exhibition
ReplyDeleteAll in all it doesn't sound to me as if you've been at all lethargic given your family committments!! xx