One of the things I noticed about my past (successful) works was that they were constructed in situ. Something I have had in mind and not yet done was to create a thread piece in the corner as opposed to making something and taking it to the corner.
I love the work of Tomas Saraceno
http://www.bonnierskonsthall.se/en/Exhibitions/Exhibitions/Tomas-Saraceno/About-the-artist/
He uses black elastic to create universes, spiders webs etc - I love the scale of his work and the complexity. I wanted to reproduce this.
My attempt
I feel limited in my house - maybe time to move out of this space...but I like how it looks. It captures how trapped one can be in a corner and yet one can only move out from a corner not further in. To stand before it you can be drawn inwards or follow the lines outward.
Could this be the way forward?
Going to play with 2d images of thread for a bit now....
I love his work too - the scale of it is pretty staggering! this work feels so different to the other random threads you were using before - I think creating in situ is deffinately the way forward though - keep posting please! xx
ReplyDelete