.....and much has happened!
At college my dissertation has been written and submitted. It was hard work. 8000 words and suddenly they didn't seem enough as my interest was stimulated in my subject. I could write for a year on it! My title was 'Space,Place and the Human Experience - an exploration into the relationship between Psychogeography and the Supermodern.' We'll see....
And so its now on with creating my final piece for my degree show and assessment. I have lost my way. In amongst the dissertation writing I moved house - and it is a project requiring renovation so my mind has not been focused on my artwork at all. That has to change now as it is only 8 weeks before my final show and I really need to resolve this.
This weekend I had a new experience - I participated in the Leeds Contemporary Internation Book Fair. I shared a stall with a good friend from my course - we challenged ourselves to take part - and both of us had reservations - but we did it and it was a wonderful experience.
I didn't make many books per se but thought how I could use my wire forms and represent them in 'book' format. I created some labels - from cotton reels interestingly - and some wire pictures in frames and a couple of different books concentrating on line. I also took in some of my sculptures and made postcards from my photos.
For me, it was a validating experience. Particularly at this stage in my work. A number of people engaged with my wire forms. Many stopped and were intrigued and many commented on my photographs. What I perceived to be the weaker pieces of work was born out by the lack of interest. I managed to sell a number of items too! The experience was very beneficial - in getting out there, meeting other artists, getting new ideas - it was such fun! I'm glad I did it.

hey - welcome back - now I must post something too!!
ReplyDelete