I am feeling ok. The practice session really helped me to know whether it was going to work, how long it would take, what to do on the day etc. I have been knitting like crazy to create this huge piece of knitted wire to hang in front of the drawing.
I took the picture to show how long it is now - its about 6 feet and has taken me about 14 hours - luckily I can knit in front of the tv with the children - they are grateful as usually I am in a different room working!
Its a glorious piece of wire - so lusty and robust! I am loving teh photos I can get from it - something else to do - enlarge the pictures - I am thinking of putting some into some shows but that can wait.
So - tomorrow the department at college starts its clear up - everything needs to be removed from the space and stored and the spaces allocated - some time ago I put in a proposal for 3 prospective spaces and I have not yet found out which one I have been allocated to put my work in. The walls have to be painted white and the floor has to be painted grey - I'm not sure about the floor as work needs to be installed and then taken away to paint the floor and then re-installed! Logistical nightmare. I am hoping to go along and help out tomorrow. Then I think we can start to install our work.
Mine will take approximately 7 hours to do - I have the children for the next 2 weeks (bad timing!) but I am planning to take them along for a couple of hours each day next week. I can do nothing this week for work and child commitments. Yes, that adds to my anxiety when I think about it.
On the home front - the house is all but finished and weirdly I spent all Saturday painting my new kitchen/family room! Mmm probably should have been doing art but I had to take my mind off something crappy happening in my personal life. The new room is a beautiful space and I have my posters bought at the Leeds Book Fair when I took part in that earlier this year - I have been saving them - they are my new inspiration and I love them!
I will sign off with some images of the wire.....
Jane the room looks beautiful - so looking forward to seeing it again - and your work of course which is brilliant - love the metal photos too! Good luck with all the prep work xx
ReplyDelete